What type of lifestyle do you strive to create?
Today I am joined by digital nomad, fellow travel podcaster, and founder of The Offbeat Life, Debbie Arcangeles, to discuss how and why she ditched the cubicle to be her own boss.
If you have ever wondered what it would be like to mold your own destiny, you do not want to miss this episode. We discuss lessons learned from becoming location independent, why it's important to embrace gratitude, honor your happiness and turn failures into successes, how to fund long-term travel, and so much more.
What does it mean to you to live an off-beat life? I'd love to hear what they are and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don't forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
This episode is also brought to you by Rumpl, makers of sustainable and travel-friendly blankets and towels. With over 135 prints to choose from you will be sure to find a design that fits your style, use the code Zero at checkout to get 15% off your purchase. Today’s episode is sponsored by US Bank Visa Platinum Card, perfect for large purchases, unexpected expenses, and balance transfers. To see if you qualify for the lowest APR out there, visit usbank.com/platinum today.
Tune In To Learn:
- How starting a podcast changed Debbie’s life
- Why artistic expression won out against her family’s message to play it safe
- The experience of traveling to a new country as an immigrant
- What it was like to go to the United States for the first time and the most noticeable differences coming from the Philippines
- Who had the biggest influence on Debbie as a child
- Why Debbie wouldn’t change anything about her childhood
- What the Offbeat Life means to Debbie
- Key lessons learned from building a location independent lifestyle
- What is has been like to explore different remote jobs
- Tips for aspiring entrepreneurs
- How to fund your long-term travel goals
- Debbie’s most treasured memories from travel
- The best off-beat destinations to visit
- Which books Debbie recommends for aspiring digital nomads
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Rumpl & US Bank Visa Platinum Card - Today's Sponsor
- Check out The Offbeat Life
- Listen to Debbie’s interview with me
- Follow Debbie Arcangeles on Facebook & Instagram
- Listen to The Offbeat Life Podcast
- Lifestyle Design and Beating Your Own Path with Marc Freccero
- Pop Up Travel Questions With Jackie From Jump Travel Podcast
- Travel Mix 3: Digital Nomadness and Bringing Travel Home