✈️ The Zero To Travel Podcast (10+ million downloads, 600+ Five Star Reviews) has been featured as a ”Best Travel Podcast” in The Washington Post, Travel + Leisure, The Telegraph, and Forbes. Subscribe now and get everything you need to travel the world, on your terms, no matter what your situation or experience. Welcome to our amazing global listening community! --- Do you want to fill your life with more travel than you ever thought possible? Whether you‘re a travel newbie dying to figure out how to explore the world, an occasional traveler longing to make your holiday every day, or an experienced globetrotter seeking unique ways to keep traveling full-time, you‘re in the right place. Welcome to our listening community! Since 2013, ”Travel Ambassador” Jason Moore from zerototravel.com has been picking the brains of adventurous people living life on the road so you can discover new ways to travel endlessly. Along the way, you’ll get actionable advice, life-changing perspectives, and key resources that will improve your life AND help you travel, as we get down and dirty on topics like; starting and running an online business from anywhere, travel and work opportunities, gutsy budget travel strategies, surprising ways to earn free travel, the digital nomad life, unconventional travel based lifestyles, fun travel jobs, how to plan epic adventures, backpacking, remote work, how to take a gap year or career breaks, 4 hour work week inspired topics, ex-pat life, slow travel, travel hacking, and everything in between. Host Bio: Jason wandered the planet as a nomad for over a decade and spent 15+ years on the road as a tour manager in events/music, a seasonal adventure travel tour guide, and a digital nomad. He now runs his location-independent business as an ex-pat living in Oslo, Norway. He is obsessed with helping YOU explore our planet on your terms, no matter what your current situation or experience. Let‘s do this! Subscribe now for free and welcome to the global community. 🙏 PS - If you’d like to access our paid premium feed with bonus episodes, educational audio series, and more go to zerototravel.com/premium.
Tuesday Oct 25, 2022
Tuesday Oct 25, 2022
Tuesday Oct 25, 2022
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to travel like a great historical adventurer?
Today I am joined by Elise Wortley, a journalist on a mission to quite literally walk in the shoes of some of history’s most fierce female explorers.
After reading Alexandra David-Néel’s book My Journey to Lhasa at age 16 (and again at 28), Elise was left with many questions about the trials and tribulations Alexandra must have faced being a female traveler in the early 1900s. In search of answers, she set off to India to follow in the author’s footsteps, using only items that would have been available during the original journey - a Yak wool coat and wooden backpack. This trip has snowballed into multiple adventures sprinkled throughout the globe, tracing footprints from the past.
If you love adventure, you will not want to miss this episode. Elise shares epic stories from her travels and describes exactly what it was like to travel without modern luxuries, important lessons she’s learned from the journeys, actions she took to start her first journey, and so much more.
Which modern technology do you think would be the hardest to give up when traveling? I'd love to hear your thoughts and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don't forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Today’s episode is brought to you by The North Face - providing athlete-tested Jackets that are proven to be highly insulated, warm, breathable & durable so you can focus on what matters. It’s more than a jacket, it’s a calling to get out and explore. Get yours today in stores or at www.thenorthface.com.
This episode is also brought to you by US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card, earn up to 6% cash back at selected stores. Visit https://usbank.com/shopper to get $250 Cashback after spending $2000 in the first 120 days of opening your account.
We also proudly support the About the Journey podcast. Host Oneka Raymond takes you around North America to answer the question what does it mean to travel better? Search for About the Journey today wherever you get your podcasts!
Tune In To Learn:
- Why do female adventures lack the same recognition as their male counterparts
- How Elise conducts research on history's forgotten female explorers
- The book that led Elise down the path of reliving adventures from the past
- How Elise came up with the inspiration for her first adventure
- The importance of bringing stories from the past back to life
- How to walk the walk and not just talk about it
- What it felt like to wear historical clothing during big treks & how others reacted
- Hacks for finding and creating old-school adventure gear
- Lessons from traveling without technology and how it will change your relationship with your phone
- Why adventure is for anyone and everyone
- Highlights from traveling through the Valley of The Assasins in Iran (Elise’s most recent trip)
- Advice for anyone who is looking to do something different with their lives
- How Elise’s projects help fund charities and what’s next
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- The North Face, US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards Card, & About the Journey - Today's Sponsors
- Check out Woman with Altitude
- Learn more about Elise
- Get your copy of My Journey to Lhasa (the book that changed Elise’s life)
- Follow Elise on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter