If you could work wherever and whenever you wanted to, would you seize the opportunity?
Today I am joined by Liam Martin, the co-founder of Running Remote, a company, conference, and upcoming book all about helping optimize their remote work experience. With over 20 years of experience as a remote worker and manager, Liam sheds light on how to be successful at remote work.
Whether you work remotely, manage a remote team, or dream of becoming location independent, you will not want to miss this episode. Liam shares strategies for finding the perfect living situation abroad, how to find success and structure working outside of an office, the future of location independence, and so much more.
What were your biggest takeaways from my discussion with Liam? I'd love to hear what they are and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don't forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- Why having kids can change your priorities as an entrepreneur
- How to teach your kids about travel from an early age
- The number one strategy for finding long-term housing in a new country
- Why the need to feel productive can sometimes disconnect you from being present
- Strategies that will help you “buy back” your time and prevent decision-making burnout
- How to achieve balance when working from home
- Ways to avoid “cross-contaminating” your work and personal life
- The type of mindset required for building a successful business
- Top tips for managing employee experience as a remote employer
- Why travel will make you better at your job
- The top 3 places to live as a remote worker
- What Liam does to select speakers for his yearly remote conference
- Where to find more tactics and strategies to be successful at working remotely
- The difference between being Location Independent vs Digital Nomad
- Why and how the great resignation will shift the great migration
- Check out the Running Remote community
- Get your copy of the Running Remote Book
- Follow Liam on Twitter @liamremote
- Subscribe to Running Remote on YouTube
- Optimizing For Freedom with Nat Eliason
- How To Hustle Your Way To Location Independence And World Travel
- 10 Killer Productivity Tools To Help You Rock Your Digital Nomad Life