✈️ The Zero To Travel Podcast (10+ million downloads, 600+ Five Star Reviews) has been featured as a ”Best Travel Podcast” in The Washington Post, Travel + Leisure, The Telegraph, and Forbes. Subscribe now and get everything you need to travel the world, on your terms, no matter what your situation or experience. Welcome to our amazing global listening community! --- Do you want to fill your life with more travel than you ever thought possible? Whether you‘re a travel newbie dying to figure out how to explore the world, an occasional traveler longing to make your holiday every day, or an experienced globetrotter seeking unique ways to keep traveling full-time, you‘re in the right place. Welcome to our listening community! Since 2013, ”Travel Ambassador” Jason Moore from zerototravel.com has been picking the brains of adventurous people living life on the road so you can discover new ways to travel endlessly. Along the way, you’ll get actionable advice, life-changing perspectives, and key resources that will improve your life AND help you travel, as we get down and dirty on topics like; starting and running an online business from anywhere, travel and work opportunities, gutsy budget travel strategies, surprising ways to earn free travel, the digital nomad life, unconventional travel based lifestyles, fun travel jobs, how to plan epic adventures, backpacking, remote work, how to take a gap year or career breaks, 4 hour work week inspired topics, ex-pat life, slow travel, travel hacking, and everything in between. Host Bio: Jason wandered the planet as a nomad for over a decade and spent 15+ years on the road as a tour manager in events/music, a seasonal adventure travel tour guide, and a digital nomad. He now runs his location-independent business as an ex-pat living in Oslo, Norway. He is obsessed with helping YOU explore our planet on your terms, no matter what your current situation or experience. Let‘s do this! Subscribe now for free and welcome to the global community. 🙏 PS - If you’d like to access our paid premium feed with bonus episodes, educational audio series, and more go to zerototravel.com/premium.
Tuesday Nov 08, 2022
Tuesday Nov 08, 2022
Have you ever wished you could improve your storytelling skills surrounding travel?
This week I am joined by travel journalist and friend to the show, Oneika Raymond to talk about the art of storytelling, what it’s like to be a travel journalist, and how her nomadic life has changed over the years.
Oneika has visited 120 Countries over 6 continents and is on a mission to educate, empower and encourage exploration. She started her career as a secondary school teacher, eventually becoming an award-winning journalist, speaker, podcast host, and Emmy-winning television host.
If you love the spirit of wanderlust, then you don’t want to miss this episode. We talk about why you should take an adult gap year, advice on what it takes to tell a great story, the top 3 cities you must visit, why completion is more important than perfection, factors to consider if you’re considering settling down, and so much more.
What are your favorite stories from traveling? I'd love to hear a few and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don't forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Today’s episode is brought to you by The North Face - providing athlete-tested Jackets proven to be highly insulated, warm, breathable & durable so you can focus on what matters. It’s more than a jacket, it’s a calling to get out and explore. Today’s episode is also sponsored by US Bank Visa Platinum Card, perfect for large purchases, unexpected expenses, and balance transfers. To see if you qualify for the lowest APR out there, visit usbank.com/platinum today. Get yours today in stores or at www.thenorthface.com. We also proudly support the About the Journey podcast. Host Oneka Raymond takes you around North America to answer the question what does it mean to travel better? Search for About the Journey today wherever you get your podcasts!
Tune In To Learn:
- Why Oneika has slowed down her pace of travel and which countries she keeps revisiting
- What motivated Oneika and her husband to settle in Miami after an adult gap year
- The difference between being nomadic and being an ex-pat
- The key factors to consider when looking for a place to settle down
- Why the U.S. inspires Oneika as an entrepreneur
- The elements required to tell a good story
- How to understand and connect with your audience as a storyteller
- Why its necessary to be adaptable when telling a story
- The importance of having humility when storytelling
- Similarities between entrepreneurship and traveling
- Advice about being a successful entrepreneur
- Why completion is more important than perfection
- How to fake it till you make it and overcome imposter syndrome
- The hack that will help you use people as inspiration rather than intimidation
- Travel advice from a long-time nomad
- The best and worst parts about being a TV personality
- Which 3 cities Oneika says everyone should visit
- 3 Books everyone needs to read
- Oneika’s most treasured travel memories
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- The North Face, US Bank Visa Platinum Card,& About the Journey - Today's Sponsors
- Learn more about Oneika’s projects
- Check out Oneika’s travels
- Follow Oneika on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
- The 2022 Travel Vanguard