✈️ The Zero To Travel Podcast (10+ million downloads, 600+ Five Star Reviews) has been featured as a ”Best Travel Podcast” in The Washington Post, Travel + Leisure, The Telegraph, and Forbes. Subscribe now and get everything you need to travel the world, on your terms, no matter what your situation or experience. Welcome to our amazing global listening community! --- Do you want to fill your life with more travel than you ever thought possible? Whether you‘re a travel newbie dying to figure out how to explore the world, an occasional traveler longing to make your holiday every day, or an experienced globetrotter seeking unique ways to keep traveling full-time, you‘re in the right place. Welcome to our listening community! Since 2013, ”Travel Ambassador” Jason Moore from zerototravel.com has been picking the brains of adventurous people living life on the road so you can discover new ways to travel endlessly. Along the way, you’ll get actionable advice, life-changing perspectives, and key resources that will improve your life AND help you travel, as we get down and dirty on topics like; starting and running an online business from anywhere, travel and work opportunities, gutsy budget travel strategies, surprising ways to earn free travel, the digital nomad life, unconventional travel based lifestyles, fun travel jobs, how to plan epic adventures, backpacking, remote work, how to take a gap year or career breaks, 4 hour work week inspired topics, ex-pat life, slow travel, travel hacking, and everything in between. Host Bio: Jason wandered the planet as a nomad for over a decade and spent 15+ years on the road as a tour manager in events/music, a seasonal adventure travel tour guide, and a digital nomad. He now runs his location-independent business as an ex-pat living in Oslo, Norway. He is obsessed with helping YOU explore our planet on your terms, no matter what your current situation or experience. Let‘s do this! Subscribe now for free and welcome to the global community. 🙏 PS - If you’d like to access our paid premium feed with bonus episodes, educational audio series, and more go to zerototravel.com/premium.
Tuesday Dec 06, 2022
Tuesday Dec 06, 2022
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to make a radical change in the way you experience day-to-day life?
Today I am joined by long-time listeners and founders of The Giving Experiment, Owen and Christina Dargatz, to learn all about their family’s transition from life in a cushy Canadian ski town to becoming members of a small Guatemalan community.
In May of 2021, the family of 7 arrived in Guatemala with the goal of understanding how they could enhance the lives of others. They have not looked back since and have started a plethora of projects including a community garden and food forest, a neighborhood music academy, workshops and courses to support local entrepreneurs, just to name a few.
If you have ever sought a simpler way of life, you will not want to miss this episode. We dive into what it's like to live abroad with 5 kids, why less is always more, how travel has the power to transform your belief system, the beauty of giving and receiving, and so much more.
What does discomfort mean to you and how has it helped you grow? I'd love to hear your thoughts and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don't forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- The unlikely way that Owen and Christina fell in love
- Why trusting intuition led to the realization it is possible to live abroad with children
- What made Owen and Christina want to “escape from comfort”
- The water shut-off experiment that set their family free
- How to help your kids adjust to major life changes
- Why finances played a big role in the decision to move to San Pedro, Guatemala
- The mindset required to switch to an experimental way of life
- What it means to redefine what success looks like
- How to keep financial stress at bay when living with a giving mindset
- The biggest changes they have seen in their kids since moving to Guatemala
- Why you should teach your children it’s okay to struggle
- The benefits of pausing relationships and missing your loved ones
- Owen and Christina’s biggest takeaways from living in Guatemala
- How to break free from the mold of other’s expectations
- Easy ways you can give back to your own community
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Check out The Giving Experiment
- Follow @the.giving.experiment on Instagram
- Learn more about Charity Water
- Resettling Abroad and Overseas Education
- Learning Through Travel: Gap Year, Career Breaks, and Beyond w/Jennifer Miller from BootsnAll.com
- Discovering Meaningful Work Through Travel
Thanks to Our Sponsors:
- Better Help - visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services.
- US Bank Visa Platinum - get a 0% intro APR for 18 billing cycles and no annual fees, this card is a tool for getting ahead. Visit usbank.com/platinum to signup today.
- The North Face - athlete-tested Jackets that are proven to be highly insulated, warm, breathable & durable so you can focus on what matters. It’s more than a jacket, it’s a calling to get out and explore. Get yours today in stores or at www.thenorthface.com