Have you ever came upon something while traveling that sparked a fire within you and pushed you to make change?
For the past 6 months, Robbie, Ivo, Jasper & Josh have created adventure videos in Kenya for their YouTube channel, and it quickly became apparent that the loss of tourism, due to Covid-19, is hurting parks and conservancies throughout Africa. After interviewing rangers and uncovering the truth about reduced salaries and increased workload, the group of creators knew they had to take action.
If you want to know exactly how 4 young YouTubers decided to journey from Kenya to Cape Town in nothing but 2 tuk-tuks, all in the name of conservation, then you do not want to miss this week's episode!
What is one thing you can do to spark change within your own community? I'd love to hear about it and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don't forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
This episode is sponsored by US Bank's Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip. Today's episode is also being sponsored by the amazing folks over at Wildly Goods which helps to keep me (and my feet) ridiculously comfortable and blister-free through all seasons.
Tune In To Learn:
- 10:50 How the Tuk South crew came into existence
- 12:20 All about the latest project
- 19:30 What it was like growing up in Kenya
- 23:40 How much it costs to modify a Tuk Tuk for a long-distance trip
- 27:40 When they're planning to embark on the journey
- 30:50 The impact the Covid-19 pandemic had on conservation in Africa
- 34:00 Lessons from the journey and hopes for the future
- 39:40 Why Tuk-Tuks?
- 43:00 How to follow and support the Tuk South project
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card & Wildly Goods
- Support the Journey by visiting Tuk South's Website
- Subscribe to Tuk South on YouTube
- Follow @ joshporters on TikTok
- Guest/Topic link
- Location Indie
- Discovering Meaningful Work Through Travel
- A Beginner's Guide to Volunteering, A Free Global Volunteer Network And More
- Is Your Summer Vacation Destroying The Planet? w/ Seth Kugel