On today's very special episode, we will be taking an EPIC road trip with fellow travel journalist, podcaster, and friend Oneika Raymond. You will be hearing an episode from her new podcast About the Journey where she will take you on an audio journey from Georgia all the way to North Carolina.
Join Host Oneika Raymond on a Southern road trip from Atlanta to Asheville. We’ll visit a soul food café whose owner has been feeding hungry locals and the homeless for over 20 years. We’ll also hear an ancient legend that haunts a well-known hiking trail and visit an unlikely site to see some incredible artwork. Thanks to our guests on this episode for sharing their stories along the route.
- You can learn more about the School Bus Graveyard by visiting their Facebook page here
- Check out Shirley’s Soul Food Café on Facebook, here.
- Get more information about Tallulah Gorge’s North and South Rim Loop Trails on the Georgia State Park website, here.
- And, to find out more about the Grand Bohemian Hotel, Asheville, visit the hotel website.
- For more about this route – and to get other road trip ideas – visit Marriott Bonvoy Traveler.
And if you liked this episode of About the Journey please be sure to rate, review and subscribe.
What is a memory that sticks out from your last epic road trip? I'd love to hear about it and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don't forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Listen to About the Journey
- Check out Onika's website
- Location Indie
- The Slow Travel Philosophy + Traveling As a Black Woman with Oneika Raymond
- Solo Road Tripping
- Travel Safety Tips: Staying Safe On The Road