Have you ever wondered if you have the skills to survive on a desert island?
On today’s show, I am joined by Tom Williams, owner of Desert Island Survival, to get the scoop on exactly what it takes to be self-reliant in a desolate location.
Whether you’re a business owner or an avid adventurer you will not want to miss this episode. Tom shares how went from being an international wealth manager to coordinating desert island survival adventures, the top lessons he’s learned from running a survival business, how to find the perfect deserted island, why travel is transformative and so much more.
What travel experiences have changed your life? I'd love to hear what they are and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don't forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
This episode is also brought to you by Better Help, visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services.
Tune In To Learn:
- Why a trip to Honduras at 20 years old, transformed the trajectory of Tom's life
- What makes desert island survival more than just learning the skills
- How Tom went from being an international wealth manager to teaching survival skills
- What it's like to win a race walking to the North Pole
- The non-negotiables of a desert island survival experience
- How to turn your biggest passion into a successful business
- Why the experience of survival is important for everybody
- The biggest elements of a transformative travel experience
- How to find “the goldilocks zone” for the perfect desert island
- Tom’s absolute favorite travel destinations and experiences
- Top takeaways and lessons from running a business and being a parent
- Why it’s important to follow your dreams for the journey instead of the destination
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Better Help - Today's Sponsor
- Learn more about Desert Island Survival
- Tom’s book recommendations: Humankind, Sapiens, At Home, 438 Days
- 3 years Alone On Foot: An Interview With Sarah Marquis
- Finding Your Island Paradise: An Interview With Alex Sheshunoff
- How To Hike The PCT (Pacific Crest Trail)